Summers Farm offers Fall Harvest School Tours for children in daycares, preschools, private and public schools, and home-based schooling. Our tours promote the exploration of agriculture at a real working farm and include a presentation by our farmers.Field trips are specially geared toward preschool through first grade. We provide a fun and educational, age-appropriate, hands-on learning experience.
Teacher Appreciation Weekend
You’re invited to the farm September 23-24, 2017
Teachers (with a valid school ID) and one guest are admitted free!
What’s included in your Field Trip:
- We are a real working farm. The tour includes a learning program and wagon ride, plus time for children to explore other farm activities such as the Jumping Pillow, Straw Mountain and more.
- Each paid field trip admission gets one small pumpkin. Children also receive an activity sheet.
- Meet our farmers and learn how a pumpkin develops from seed to fruit; understand what role bees play in growing food; view a real beehive; visit farm animals; and learn what food products are made from the crops grown on the farm.
Bonus items for your Classroom:
Included in your farm visit is one classroom pumpkin, some products produced on our farm for classroom display and discussion, and a handout for follow-up classroom activities.
Information for teachers
Starting on September 27th and running through October 31st — field trips are welcomed Monday-Friday from 9am-1:30pm. Reservations are required.
Field Trip Adventure Fees
$6.95 per attendee (children and adults); Children 2 and under receive free admission only with a paying adult. One teacher admitted free with a minimum of 5 paid student admissions. Additional teachers admitted free based on the following criteria: 1 teacher/5 paid student admissions.
We are a working farm producing pumpkins. Our hands-on activities will show children about the lifecycle of crops, bees and farm animals.
Click the link above for resources that will make preparations for your field trips easier and more enjoyable. We have information about pumpkins and bees, as well as coloring sheets to print.
Payment to Summers Farm, Inc. is due upon arrival at the farm.
If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled tour, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may fill your appointment time. Weather-related cancellations (cancelled by Summers Farm) may be rescheduled.
Tips for your Field Trip
- Prior to your field trip arrival, please check our website for conditions at the farm.
- In case of inclement weather, please call 301-620-9316 for more information.
- Because Fall weather can vary day-to-day, please encourage children to dress in layers and wear sensible walking shoes.
We have a few Farm Rules + Policies to make everyone’s visit safe and enjoyable!
Please have a look before you come!